Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Dry Skin of Motherhood

I got a free sample of Curel's new lotion specifically designed for pregnancy and motherhood. It smells nice (but I don't like to use anything with added fragrances because of skin sensitivity issues, but since it was a little tiny one-use packet and it was free.....).

Anyway, I have heard that dry skin can strike during pregnancy. It did not hit me (oily skin notsomuch either). But the dry skin of motherhood has hit me big-time. I thought maybe it was because it is winter and well, dry. But that doesn't account for all of it. No. I know why I have dry skin. Showering is something I can do and leave teh kids with my husband without anyone thinking I am shirking off. And When I Am In The Shower, I can hear no one crying or smarting off or whining. My showers are LONG. And that, my friends, is where the dry skin of motherhood comes from.

No comments:

Post a Comment