Thursday, April 05, 2007

How is your day going?

I just finished steam cleaning the living room carpet. Potty training rocks the house. To be fair, Chuckles is a wee bit on the young side for this, but he is so eager and ready, I'd hate not to do it just becausse of his age. He'll get more stubborn and less-cooperative as he gets older, so let's do it now.

Today is Maundy Thursday. Shall I make a big (last) supper tonight? What did people in the bible eat? I know loaves. I know fishes, sure wine, but I doubt I can make a meal of that. Help me out here.

Tomorrow is Good Friday. Do you have to go to work? I do. I work seven days a week and I am on call the rest of the time. The pay is lousy, but yesterday my boss told me that my hair was pretty, so it's pretty much all worth it. His actual words...
Chuckles: Mama hair purty.

Chuckles channels a Scotsman when saying the word "turning". It comes out like t-yearning-cough-cough-haggis.
He is also a Southerner when he uses the word "help" much like that girl from the Shake-n-Bake-and-I-helped commercial.

British prisoners held in Iran released. I guess someone finally found that satellite image.
Why have I seen more coverage of a pet food recall than I did for that organic baby food recall? I like pets and all, but ahem, babies...human babies.

Speaking of pets, did I tell you I went to the Humane Society to see if they had a new friend for me? I did. I fell in love with a lazy chap named Tiger Too. I'd like to tell you he is sitting in my sunny lap right now purring like a ...ummm...something that purrs....ummmm...purring like a 1968 Camaro, but he was pending adoption, so he's probably doing that just not in my lap. I'm heartbroken, and it will be at least 3 weeks before I go there looking around again. We are going out of town in a couple of weeks, have many weekends committments, and then are hosting Chuckles's 2nd birthday party, so after that, I might tempt fate and go have a look-see over at the Humane Society again.

No comments:

Post a Comment