Wednesday, November 05, 2008

pbbbbthgusarghdslkjf

OK, now that I got that primal scream, sigh of relief out, I guess I have some things to tell you.

  1. I'm nesting, and it involves cleaning. It's scary. I don't like cleaning and yet, I cannot stop.
  2. Mr. Long-Suffering is also nesting. For him, it involves having contractors come over and give us estimates on attic insulation. That is fun.
  3. Stanley Steemer was here today and now my carpeting is not a great source of embarrassment and shame. It's a small source, but not a great source.
  4. I went to work on Monday and will not return until April. helllllo Maternity Leave.
  5. I went on a huge play date today with women from some church. We were talking about infertility, and I just said that I didn't think higher order multiples were a good idea. I did not suggest selective reduction. I just said you could cancel a cycle with too many good follicles. And they looked at me like I had multiple heads. Perhaps the church-y people like to have 6 kids at a time. Oh well. Other than my obvious social blunder the time went well.
  6. The date and time of my surgery are set. 10 am on the 17th. That's 12 days from now. Wow.
  7. I am 38 weeks tomorrow. I am term. I am grateful.
  8. I voted. Line took 1 hour 20 minutes. It was OK. I hung out with my neighbors. Just as in the primary, I voted for Mike "The Waiter" White. He lost. I have no idea what his platform is, but I was worried about a potential mob hit if I didn't vote for The Waiter.
  9. Do you know what has irritated me in the last few weeks? People who said that people wouldn't vote for Obama because of the color of his skin. What about all of us who would not vote for him because of the content of his character? Obviously, I did not vote for Obama. He stands for pretty much everything I don't stand for (progressive taxation, income redistribution, pulling out of Iraq on a fixed timeline, nationalized health care...in fact, government interference into health care, purposely limiting exploitation of our country's natural resources...Drill, Baby, Drill, government interference into free markets, social safety net, etc...I think you see where I am going...right down Libertarian Way to the corner of Strict Constructionist and Individual Liberty). Mind you, the current incarnation of McCain is no better. Go Libertarians! Unite!
  10. And I painted our foyer and hallway. It feels good to accomplish things.

No comments:

Post a Comment