Saturday, March 15, 2008

Where have I been?

I know, this was a long absence, and I'm sorry I've been gone so long. A lot has happened. Where to start?

Chuckles missed school 3 days this week. In fact, I started my new job on MOnday and as my first official act, I called off sick to stay home with him. We have fevers over 103 F and we have vomiting, diarrhea, and a general crankiness that's actually kind of sweet. If you've been following along since last summer, you'll remember that Chuckles contracted salmonella last year and became severely dehydrated and quite ill. So, vomit and I, we are old enemies. But hte good news is, I am all ready when this happens. I have pedialyte and acetominophen suppositories (you know, for when they can't keep anything down). I also have a scale present so that we can see how much weight is lost. He's napping now and I think he'll pull out of this just fine. It's been a long week and I am tired.

Where else have I been? The doctor's office. That's right Chuckles went this morning just to get checked out. He got a strep throat culture which was negative and we were told that if this is still going on Monday, we need to be seen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment