Sunday, October 12, 2008

I'd love to blog but I am sooooo tired

Instead of anything substantive, I give you the following...

Things I love
  • Affy Tapples ('nuff said)
  • My kid (who was sleeping in bed with me, work up for 3 seconds to say, "I love you and need to give you hugs and kisses." And then, to prove it, promptly fell back asleep for, like, 11 more hours.)
  • 75% off yellow tags at the Goodwill. I got some awesome stuff. Brand new stuff from Target, used stuff, snow pants.
  • My kid who hung out in bed for an hour today playing some elaborate game with pillows while I took a nap 3 inches away. He was very quiet. He may have slept. I have no idea. I was comatose.
  • A clean car
  • Ultrasounds that show a 5 lb 2 ounce to 5 lb 14 ounce fetus wiggling about all breech in position and cute as a button. And a 3.4 cm cervix that has plenty of length left depsite the fact that I contract (a lot).
  • Chuckles's new, big boy hair cut. Same cut he's had before, just done. And he's so dang cute. Really. I'm not just saying that because I'm his mom.

Things I do not love

  • My husband is on the midnight shift. I do not like solo parenting. Am so tired.
  • Industrial accidents that (slightly) injure my husband. I am really glad that the thing that hit him got him on the arm and not somewhere important (like his head).
  • Traffic on a Saturday afternoon. It just goes against the code of What Is True, Just, and Right in This World.
  • A car that, even after I washed it, is still dirty (that shows just how dirty the car was when I started).
  • People who keep saying how big I am. Yes, yes, I know. I am enormous. I get it. And people who keep mentioning how uncomfortable I look. Ok, here's the thing...there's not much I can do about it, ok?
  • Ultrasound techs who don't show me the screen. I had to crane my neck and all just to see what I saw.
  • Contractions. I was driving home in the aforementioned Traffic (with sleeping Chuckles in the back seat) and I got a contraction that lasted from the Circle Interchange to 115th St. There was nothing I could do about it. It's not like I was going to stop on the South Side of Chicago, and it's not like I could move or walk it off, so I just sat there praying I wouldn't pee myself. Good times. Good times. I guess I have officially given up driving long distances through sketchy neighborhoods by myself.

1 comment:

  1. Don't you hate that? It's as if your pregnancy gives others the right to be assholes to you. If you had suddenly gained 40 pound that WEREN'T related to a pregnancy, would it be all right to comment on your hugeness?? But somehow pregnancy makes it ok...

    Ugh. My biggest pet peeve.

    You look terrific, by the way...love that picture - you're all baby...

    ReplyDelete