Sunday, October 26, 2008

Lesson One: Don't Be Smug

Two months ago...
Me: What do you think we should name the baby?
Chuckles: Stoopio.

Last month...
Me: What do you think we should name the baby?
Chuckles: Morganda.

Yesterday...
Me: What do you think we should name the baby?
Chuckles: Opladah. (at least, I think that's how it would be spelled.)

I have officially gone from pregnant and justfinethankyou to OhMyGod, my toes look like breakfast sausages. I have swollen. I wore super-sexy pressure stockings to bed last night (they have some writing on them. They are officially anti-embolism stockings). My wedding rings are in a little box and will be seen again in a month or so. I swelled at 36 weeks-even with Chuckles. I swelled at 36w2d this time around. Way to hold that swelling at bay, eh? I'll let you know if the ice-cold showers and pressure stockings work. Mostly, I am just resigned to the fact that I am puffing. I will mention it at my next doctor's appointment, but until then, I am just resigned. Woo woo.

I was smug thinking I'd keep my weight gain down this time and thinking that I wasn't going to swell. It's just not true. I'm a sweller. Hopefully, I will be able to keep the carpal tunnel at bay. I only have 6 days of work left (although work is totally hectic because of the Global Financial Implosion and my fill-in is "nothing but brain stem" as Mr. Long-Suffering puts it).

So, that's where I am. Puffing, cranky, napping, nesting, and very very happy to be so lucky to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment