Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Other Important News

I forgot to mention that my new vacuum cleaner is a Hoover WindTunnel Bagged (not self-propelled). This thing drags you around the room so I am really glad we opted to save the 50 bucks and not ge the self-propelled version.

Also, I am really sorry that I have been spelling vacuum wrong in these posts. I just like the double-c next to the double-u.

The deal at amazon is better than I got. I had to pay sales tax because I shopped at a store. So a 7% mark-up for the government. With free shipping and no tax, I'd say buy it from amazon (and buy it because it works)!

It does have some drawbacks like a dorky cord winding area that interferes with the on-board cleaning attachments, but if I need to access the attachments, chances are that it is plugged in anyway, so that's not a big deal.

I had the hose cover part C issue that some reviewers at amazon mentioned. It has not been a big deal yet but I haven't used the attachments much (should vacuum couch...need to find spare change).

All-in-all, a good vacuum so far. My previous Hoover is still going strong at 12 years old, but I don't vacuum often so it's lightly used. I bought a new one because the technology has gotten better and we have a multi-floor house so I moved out old vacuum to the lower level and the Panasonic we were using there can go to the garage for the cars (instead of dragging the Shop Vac out there from the basement).

No comments:

Post a Comment