Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Lest You Think....

Lest you think I've gone soft with this easygoing pregnancy attitude of mine, I'd like to reassure you that NeurotiCarrie is still alive and well.

Today I had the big ultrasound. The 20-week fetal anomalies scan. (To prove I am a little easygoing, I did not, in fact, go for the u/s at exactly 20 weeks. I am 21.5 wks.)
I grilled the ultrasound technician good. I don't think she knew what hit her. So, I learned the following good news:
  • Cervical is at least 3.4 cm long and tightly closed
  • Heartbeat is 143 and steady
  • brain is present and accounted for
  • 4 chambers to the heart are beating appropriately
  • we have a 3-vessel umbilical cord
  • the placenta looks good and Doppler flows assure us that everything is A-OK fine
  • stomach - check
  • arms, legs, and genitals are all present and appropriate (what those genitals are, I cannot say as I do not know...I looked at the them. Mr. Long-Suffering looked at them. The technician looked at them. The technician knows, but we did not ask her to divulge that information. I may google pictures later to see if anything I saw looks like anything.)
  • Bobo weighs 1 lb 2 ounces +/- 3 ounces, which is good and big. I grow them big.

So now, for your viewing pleasure, I give you the ultrasound photo of a profile of Bobo's head. Bobo is sucking his/her thumb in the picture.


And here is a photo of Bobo taken from the outside outside while i was on vacation last week.

Oh, I had ben all excited that I made it half way through my pregnancy this time gaining only 4 pounds, whereas last time, I had gained 20 (of the eventual 65) by now. However, this is not true. I weighed myself again and I have gained 8 lbs, which according to Dr. Internet is completley average and normal and that I will gain 0.5 to 1 pound per week from here on out. So, there you have it. I maintain that the entire 8 pound has gone to my chest. I dare you to say otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment