Thursday, July 19, 2007

My Own Singing Bee

I had a good time the other day, so let's play again. Again, I will put the lyrics in a blank in white and you can highlight the area to see them. Let's Play.

Season 1 of Gilligan's Island Theme
The ship set ground on the shore of this
uncharted desert isle
With Gilligan,The Skipper too,
The millionaire and his wife,
The movie star
...[highlight here] And the rest. [end highlight]

Patty Smith singing "Warrior"
Shooting at the walls of heartache
[highlight here] Bang, bang [end highlight]
I am the warrior
Well I am the warrior
And [highlight here] heart to heart you'll win[[end highlight]
If you survive the warrior, the warrior

Elvis sings "Hound Dog"
When they said you was [begin] high classed, [end]
Well, that was just a lie.
You aint never [begin] caught a rabbit [end]
And you aint no friend of mine.

Steely Dan "Hey Nineteen"
Way back when
In sixty-seven
I was the dandy
Of [begin] gamma chi [end]
Sweet things from boston
So young and willing
Moved [begin] down to scarsdale [end]
Where the hell am i
Hey nineteen

Don MacLean "American Pie"
Now for ten years we’ve been on our own
And [begin] moss grows fat on a rollin’ stone, [end]
But that’s not how it used to be.
When the [begin] jester sang for the king and queen, [end]
In a coat he borrowed from james dean
And a voice that came from you and me,

Oh, and while the king was looking down,
The jester [begin] stole his thorny crown. [end]
The courtroom was adjourned;
No verdict was returned.
And while [begin] lennon read a book of marx, [end]
The quartet practiced in the park,
And we sang [beging] dirges in the dark [end]
The day the music died.

Guns-N-Roses "Welcome to the Jungle" (which upon reading the lyrics is a very disturbing song)
Welcome to the jungle
We take it [begin] day by day [end]
If you want it [begin] you're gonna bleed [end]
But it's the price you pay
And you're a very sexy girl
That's very hard to please
You can [begin] taste the bright lights [end]
But you won't get them for free
In the jungle
Welcome to the jungle
Feel [begin] my, my, my serpentine [end]
I, I wanna hear you scream

Wang Chung "Everybody Have Fun Tonight"
[begin] Rip it up [end] - move down
[begin same] Rip it up [end same] - move it down to the ground
[begin same] Rip it up [end same] - cool down
[begin same] Rip it up [end same] - and get the feeling not the word

And because I am feeling a little sadistic....Nirvana "Smells Like Teen Spirit"
With the lights out
[begin] it's less dangerous [end]
Here we are now
Entertain us
I feel stupid
[begin] and contagious [end]
Here we are now
Entertain us
A mulatto
[begin] An albino [end]
A mosquito
[begin] My libido [end]
Yea


And a big shout out to LyricsFreak.com for most of these fabulous lyrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment