Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Stroke of Genius

So, I mentioned that Chuckles likes to take his shoe (only one shoe, usually the left) off while we're outside and walk around the yard while wearing a sock. This gets the sock very dirty and grass stained.

But, as I mentioned, I would rather he walk through a mud puddle in a sock than be in the hospital. But, again, we're not made of money and I can't go buying new socks every week and it's awful to let him wear the stained ones as the grandmother possy inevitably makes comments.

So, this morning, I had a stroke of genius. I let him wear black socks today. Take your shoe off all you want, kiddo. It's just fine. Of course, now he's wearing black socks and either (a) sandals or (b) gym shoes. Good look, I assure you.

Oh, why don't I let him wear sandals without socks? I would, if he'd do it. He will often freak out if I try to get him to wear sandals period or any shoe without socks. So, there you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment