Thursday, June 12, 2008

Cute Story About My Kid

Chuckles and I were at his grandparents' house last night. Not wanting my in-laws to think I am raising a puppy, I had Chuckles showing off his new phonics skills. Below is a transcript of the ensuing conversation.

Me: What's the first letter in dog?

Ch: Duh, Duh, Duh, D.

Me: Right. What's the first letter in Bailey? (Bailey is the dog's name.)

Ch: Buh, buh, buh, B.

Me: Right again. What's the first letter in Mom.

Ch: M-O-M. Mom.

Me: But what's the first letter?

Ch: M?!?!? (looking at me like I'm an idiot since he just spelled the whole thing.)

Me: What's the first letter in toilet?

Ch: Puh, puh, PEE.

Me, MIL, FIL: ((Hysterical Laughter))

Me: Ha ha, catching breath. Can't breathe. What's the first letter in fork? Huff, puff.

Ch: clearly thinking he is onto something. Fuh, Fuh, PEE.

Peanut Gallery: giggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment