Wednesday, June 18, 2008

StuffWhitePeopleLike (dot) Com

I am white. I wouldn't say I'm proud of that fact. It's just who I am, and I have no control over it. Kind of like being female. I'm not really proud of that either.

Anyway, I was reviewing the list of Stuff White People Like and I only like, maybe, a third of it. So, maybe all that being raised on the South Side of Chicago really did pay off (you know, it's the baddest part of town).

There are a few things on the list, though, that struck me since they are totally things I like: Ivy League Schools, Grammar, Front Loading Baby Carriers (I own a Baby Bjorn and a sling), and Gifted Children. So, there you have it. (I am also fond of expensive sandwiches, but I don't get them nearly enough, so we're not counting that.)

I also like Little Breakfast Places for going to on the weekends. In fact, I will be going to one on Saturday morning with my sister, niece, the au pair, Chuckles, Mr. Long-Suffering, my dad, his wife, and their 3 kids, (and probably various more extended family members) so that my dad can see all his progeny at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment