Saturday, May 12, 2007

'Scuse me while I kiss this guy

From the mis-heard lyrics file...

Golden Earrings's (also covered by White Lion) "Radar Love" says:
Radio plays a forgotten song

Brenda Lee's "Coming on Strong"

According to the True Oldies Channel, which is preset number 5 on my car radio, Brenda Lee was immortalized in that song, and yet, no one still knows the song. I heard the song on the radio the other day, and I am telling you there is a reason no one remembers it. It's just not good. The 50s and eary 60s must have been an awful time for music because it's just plain bad. She was one of the most popular recording artists in the era (#4 behind Elvis, Ray Charles and The Beatles). This is the same era of music that had Lawrence Welk topping the charts with polka, so that that with what you will.

Anyway, about the mis-heard lyric. For years (years!) I have been thinking that "Radar Love" says something like "Radio plays a forgotten song/Revelie's coming on strong" or "Ramblings coming on strong". So, now you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment