Tuesday, August 28, 2007

One Day Left

Today is my last day as a housewife and stay-at-home-mom. I have mixed feelings. Chuckles is flourishing under my care (because of or in spite of). But, mommy is a little nuts. I don't think this is a job I will like but it is something. It pays well. I hope I don't totally resent my job. But, we need the money as surviving on one income was not as easy as I had always thought. We'd need to do quite a bit of belt tightening (and I would need to cook every night instead of going out once per week and heating up ready-made meals once a week).

The belt is already pretty tight here, so changes would be drastic (sell the car and buy something cheaper, perhaps). I already gave up driving for nap. Get rid of DSL? I think not! We don't have cable. My cell phone is my long distance (free mobile-to-mobile to my sister in another state). Drop life insurance? Probably not. Give up air conditioning? It's already set at 83 just to take the humidity out.

No comments:

Post a Comment