Friday, May 23, 2008

I ((Heart)) Everything

It's funny what a difference one phone call can make in my mood.

My awesome ob, who I think I love, just called me personally. Not a nurse, not a receptionist, but the actual doctor (and this rarely happens to me).

Bear in mind that these results are only preliminary and need a second blood draw to be truly accurate, but whatever.

My age-related risk for Down Syndrome is 1:380 (I've seen other numbers quoted like 1:330)
My risk of Down Syndrome (preliminarily, mind you) based on my NT and blood work is 1:1,800 (one out of 1,800 would have it when their results are like this, so it doesn't mean Fetus doesn't have it, just that it is unlikely and less likely than it would appear given my age alone)

My age-related risk for Trisomy 18 is 1:1,300
My risk of Trisomy 18 (preliminarily) is 1:10,000 (which even if the second blood draw is bad, you can't take a risk like that and make it all that bad really, maybe 1 in 5,000 then, so we're pretty good).

I will be doing the second blood draw. But that's OK. I don't mind, really. I just wanted some answers before my CVS time ran out.

No comments:

Post a Comment