Sunday, February 18, 2007

Am I cursed?

Do I need to be a better person? Should I start donating blood again?

I went to visit a friend's new baby on Friday. I left soon after getting there (even though I wanted to stay) so I could beat the Friday rush hour traffic. I didn't beat it. It took well over 3 hours to get home. I was only a few miles from home when the traffic broke free. I was sailing along at over 50 mph when I blew out another frickin' tire (on the interstate this time, in a construction zone, in what politely might be called a blighted neighborhood).

I changed it in 20 minutes flat while it was 14 degrees outside and I was in dress pants and dress loafers. I hadn't been home since MoOnday, wanted to see my husband and my son, oh and it was my birthday. WORST. BIRTHDAY. EVER. But, when it comes to changing flats, I am a rock star. And it was the same tire as last time, so I am getting a brand new tire under warranty, but I can't have it yet because Goodyear has been on strike for months. And in fact, I'm not sure I waant to replace it with one of these tires that they have been making recently since they have the salaried staff doing production. Salaried people don't actually have skills, so who knows the quality (although with the warranty, I guess it's OK).

1 comment:

  1. Heya i'm for the primary time here. I found this board and I in finding It really useful & it helped me out much. I am hoping to give one thing again and help others such as you helped me.

    Also visit my webpage: Abercrombie Pas Cher

    ReplyDelete