Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Hey, let's talk about food

For my first night as a housewife, I had dinner on the table promptly at 5:30. Unfortunately, my husband did not walk in until 5:35, but I still got credit. We had pan seared boneless center cut pork chops, fresh asparagus with a lemon butter sauce, and Bombay potatoes with chick peas (I just made regular mashed for the boy).

Tonight, we are having whole wheat pasta with pesto and Italian vegetables. I will be broiling a steak and cutting it on the bias to serve atop the pasta. Since pesto is mostly cheese, I am going to cover Chuckles's noodles with green baby food (peas, green beas, or best of all - brocolli and chicken). He loves pesto, but I'm not going to give him cheese right now that we are working on making him more tolerant.

Wednesday, we will be consuming leftovers from what I made over the weekend.

Thursday, we are having boneless skinless chicken breast stir fried with broccolli, garlic and onions, and Udon noodles. I am serving the whole thing in a homemade asian peanut sauce that I saw on Real Simple (and there is the same recipe on the top of my peanut butter jar).

I'm taking suggestions for Friday.

Saturday or Sunday will be some kind of roast something or other.

That's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment