Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Election Predictions

There's been a lot of talk recently about who will win and who deserves to win the Fall elections.

The Republicans are supposed to be fiscally conservative.

The Deomcrats are supposed to be socially liberal.

During GWB's presidency, I have not seen fiscal restraint. The democrats, likewise, do not impress me with their plans for the global war on terror/war on islamofascism.

I live in an area where the congressional races are not wide open. The democrats have a lock on the representatives. There are some jobs at the state level that are actually contested, but for representatives and senators, I know who is going back (again and again). It's at the micro-local level where our races are most competitive. School Board could go to any number of different people (as they don't run with party affiliation (they're all republicans anyway)). So,l I am still excited about my absentee ballot.

Overall though, I think the republicans will retain one house and the democrats will gain the other. That's the way it should be. They won't be able to pass any stupid laws this way. No partial birth abortion bans, no Defense of Marriage Acts, and maybe they will be forced into some transparency/earmark reform so they can look like they're doing something. Heck, maybe they'll repeal Campaign Finance Reform and institute term limits while they're at it. I must be delirious.

No comments:

Post a Comment