Wednesday, October 25, 2006

The Exit Interview

I alluded to the fact that I recently quit my job. Today I had a pseudo-exit interview. Actually, I had teh exit interview about 3 weeks ago (because the HR guy's wife was 9-months pregnant he wanted to make sure he was there for me - by the way, she had a girl).

Anyway, today Mr. HR wanted to ask me what questions to ask interviewees who are applying for my job. He wanted to make sure they knew their stuff. I told him to interview as normal - teamwork, deadlines, communications, prioritization, etc and assume they were competent in their skills. The following is a pretty true representation of our conversation:

HR: Right, right, right, after all what you do is not rocket science.
SC: That's right; it's brain surgery. Lobotomy anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment