Thursday, October 26, 2006

Sarcastic Family Cat

In passing, I'd just like to say that I miss our cat. We had to put her to sleep October 6th after 20 years, 2 months of slothful service. She haad chronic renal failure, which turned acute. She also had steroid-induced liver failure. She tooks steroids for over 10 years for asthma. She was also diabetic, had arthritis, and her lens had detached from her eye and was about to touch her cornea, which is a very painful condition. I did not want her to suffer. I miss her every day.

People (including me) often wonder how you'll know when it's time to euthanize an animal. I just knew. I still doubt myself that maybe I did it too soon because I was tired of cleaning up the messes, but really, when we had the little memorial service, I realize how far down her quality of life had gotten. She no longer groomed herself, rarely left her bed, and no longer haad a cat's zest for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment