Sunday, February 17, 2008

32

Yesterday, my mom called me to wish me a happy 31st birthday, which was quite sweet except that I just turned 32.

My mother-in-law got me a Turbi-Towel. I love it. Love it. She got me one for Christmas about 6 years ago and I love it. Love it. Love it. So, she got me anotehr one. I was thrilled and said that now I have one to wash and one to wear. Apparently, she thought I was throwing my old one out to the rag bin. No no no.

My birthday was fine. Good, even. Better than last year. Chuckles came into my bed at about 5 am (after sleep walking and going back to sleep on the rug in the hallway). He and I stayed in bed until about 8:30. Mr. Long-Suffering was up making crepes in the kitchen (and cleaning up the ensuing mess). Later, Chuckles stood on a chair in the kitchen and broke eggs into a bowl so I could make myself a birthday cake. He dumped in the oil and water and cake mix into a bowl and held the mixer while we beat it. He's a big helper. Oh, and I went to bed at 8 pm and slept until 7 am the next day, so I feel like a super-human being.

Chuckles is learning to use scissors right now. Very scary. They are quite dull kid scissors but I still worry that he'll try to cut his hand, his hair, or the curtains. I never would have thought to give him scissors but they let him try at the library so I let him try. He does OK. We now make "snowflakes" and there are tiny little scraps of paper all over my living room.

Oh, and my in-laws do have carbon monoxide and are slowly poisoning themselves, so Chuckles did not spend the night Friday. We went there today with some tools. Looks like it is their furnace. I'll try to borrow a sniffer from work on Tuesday and bring it by so they can check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment