Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Lower Standards

Some days, I am not the best mother. I am just the best mother I can be under the circumstances.

Today, during what should have been Chuckles's nap time, I did the following things that I do not generally do, things that if someone else did them with my child, I would no longer trust them to be near my kid:
  • Sat on the floor with him while we watched the end half of "Dragon Tales" and the beginning half of "Clifford the Big, Red Dog" on PBS Kids
  • Fed him Breyer's Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream (a no-no both because it's junk food and it's DAIRY, but his gums hurt, so that's good and cold for them)
  • Cut his hair (both too short and a wee bit uneven, OK it's not wee, it's a lot uneven)

But we also did these other things that were really quite harmless and fun and took everyone's minds off the fact that we weren't asleep:

  • Cut his hair
  • Took a 30-minute shower and called it a "Car Wash"
  • Looked at old photos of mommy and daddy before they were mommy and daddy (for 45-minutes)
  • Looked at Australian Road Trains
  • Read Dr. Seuss's Hop on Pop and The Sneetches at least three times each

No comments:

Post a Comment