Saturday, June 02, 2007

SAHM

SAHM stands for stay-at-home-mom for those of you not in the know. WAHM refers to a mom with a job who works from home . WOHM is a work out of the home mom.

I have been all three. I guess I am a SAHM now. I feel like a sham of a SAHM but that's another story.

The point is my husband works. A LOT. I don't know if he always worked a lot and I didn't notice because I was working a lot too or if maybe when the financial pressures to support all of us hit him he started putting in more hours. Not sure. When I "decided" to stay home and do this housewife thing, our family income dropped by about 50%. So, take your pay check and cut it in half. That's what we've done here.

My husband is at work right now. It's about 3 pm on Saturday. He was not scheduled to work and he's not on call, but at 1:30 work called and demanded he come in. I think he should have said we are having a BBQ and he's had one too many to drive.

I hate my husband's job. One of my reasons for wanting to do the big move that didn't happen was that it was going to force him to get a new job. Perhaps one in an industry that does not work 26/8 (like 24/7 but MORE). But, we're not doing that and I can't very well ask him to find a new job right now while I sit here contemplating how to spend his money on auto repairs (and did I mention we woke up last Saturday morning to a sump pump that was giving off actual smoke?...when it rains it pours and when it pours, you need a sump pump).

Chuckles is napping (and that's another story entirely...we drove in the car, bad mommy, but he's sleeping). I haven't had a bathroom sink for two weeks and today was going to be the day we put the counter and sink back in. Guess not. We have plans tomorrow. Oh well. I guess I continue to wash hands in the bathtub and brush teeth in the shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment