Monday, June 04, 2007

May 11, 2006 French Toast Casserole

I have this recipe for French Toast Casserole. It is written on a sheet of Gregg Ruled Steno Paper (which is where I used to once upon a time take all of my notes during a workday). The paper is dated in teh upper left hand corner just like I was taking notes on a phone call.

1 stick butter (or margarine)
1 cup light brown sugar
16 slices bread (even raisin bread would be good)
4-5 eggs
1-1/2 cups milk
1 tsp vanilla
salt (optional, and I leave it out)
cinnamon

melt butter. stir in sugar. pout into 9x13 pan. Lay bread into pan (2 lyers). Mix remaining ingredients and pour over bread. Sprinkle with cinnamon (lightly and evenly). Cover and refriegerate overnight. Bake uncovered in a preheated 375-F oven for 45 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes and invert onto a pretty plate (or just a regular plate if you are me and have no pretty plates that large).

No comments:

Post a Comment