Saturday, January 12, 2008

So Excited

I got a new washing machine. And it's being delivered tomorrow! Sunday. For Free. Squeeee!

I got a Kenmore front-loading washer (which I stealthily figured out is made by Frigidaire and is the model that was a Consumer Reports Best Buy). The Kenmore has plastic handles instead of chromed stainless, but really, it's going to live in the basement, so I don't mind at all (especially when those chromed handles would add $200 to the price). The inner drum is stainless steel, and it has a bunch of wash cycles from hand washed by nymph fairies to beaten with stones in the river. It is energy efficient in so many ways. It uses less water so there is less water to heat, it tumbles instead of agitates, and it extracts a lot of water when it spins so it takes less gas to heat my dryer because the clothes dry faster. And it promises to clean your clothes until they sparkle. However, one wash cycle is between 60 and 100 minutes. That's a lot. But if they're clean, I don't mind.

I do 6 loads of wash per week, usually. And this will probably cut that to 4 because it's 3.5 cubic feet of wash space. I think I will even be able to do our queen comforter. Am considering sending out email to my whole address book announcing its arrival into our family. That's cool, right?

1 comment:

  1. I love my frontload washer and dryer! You know to buy the Energy Efficient detergent, right?

    ReplyDelete