Friday, December 01, 2006

Did I ever tell you about the time....

My son was in the stroller and I was pushing him down the side of US-51 while on vacation with my in-laws. We hit a big bump and he started to cry. I told him he was a big boy and OK, it was just a startling bump. He kept whining, so I handed him a sippy cup. A while later he was still whimpering, so I got to a safe place and pulled to the side to look him in the eye and reassure him he was fine. When I got to the front of the stroller, I discovered the whole thing and the baby (15 mos old at the time) were covered in BLOOD. He had bitten his lip or tongue when we hit the bump. I don't feel as bad as I should because my mother-in-law was with me at the time and didn't notice it either. I ended up carrying him back to the camp over my shoulder (over a mile) while MIL pushed the stroller (he would not go to her for this and for that she was very hurt...HA). He fell asleep on the way back. We all ended up covered in blood and when we got back to camp, everyone wanted to know what happened and who had attacked us.

No comments:

Post a Comment