Tuesday, December 05, 2006

More Shopping

Mr. Long-Suffering and I bought my MIL a simplehuman 40-liter stainless steel garbage can for Christmas. I used one of those 20% off coupons from Bed, Bath, and Beyond on it, but it's still a $120 garbage can for pete's sake. I mean, ugh. But, I am pretty sure she wants it and I always try to WOW her with a great gift since she and FIL pick Chuckles up from school every Wednesday when Mr. L-S has to work late (and I am an absentee mother).

On Sunday, to thank my SIL and her husband for their great generosity in letting me stay with them, I brought an awesome bottle of wine. I brought a Beaulieu Vineyards cabernet sauvignon. It's about a $20 bottle and I love Beaulieu. According to a Burt Wolf show I saw on PBS many years ago, BV continued making wines throughout Prohibition as they had the contracts to supply altar wine to the NY and Boston diocese. (According to legend, the railcars kept falling off the tracks in Chicago en route to the east coast, but whatever, we have fun in Chicago.) According to the BV website:
When Prohibition was repealed in 1933, Georges de Latour had become a wealthy
man, and his facilities were thoroughly up to date. He had never completely
ceased making regular table wines, and had been aging them patiently in the
cellars, waiting for the widely flouted laws to change. When the day of
repeal finally came, BV was ready to recommence offering wines to the
general public.

I also got my SIL a silver plated picture frame Christmas ornament engraved with 2006, in which to put her son's 1st Christmas picture. Merry merry.

No comments:

Post a Comment