Monday, November 20, 2006

Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid

Jenn, as I have mentioned, works at a big, faceless corporation. There are teams and conference calls and emails about the conference calls, there are team leaders, etc.

Friday, Jenn got an email from her team leader. Here is my artistic impression of said email.

To: Jenn & team
From: Leader
This is to confirm that we will be having a conference call this Monday, Nov. 21st at 3:30 pm ET (4:30 CT). Please advise your availability.

Jenn replied politely that she'd be there. This is what she should have said:

To: Leader
From: Jenn
CC: Rest of Team
I will be there on Monday with my time machine in the alternate universe. I will bring a black hole, a woodland sprite, a leprechaun, and a swingline stapler. We'll need the luck and we'll have to repair the fabric of time when we're done. Regards, Jenn

I'd like to state now that sometimes people are in charge just because they volunteered not because they are better than you.

No comments:

Post a Comment