Sunday, November 19, 2006

Lots to Say for a Sunday (now with bullet points)


My husband is working this weekend, so Sunday might as well be Wednesday but with no The Price is Right.
  • By the way, did you all hear Bob Barker is retiring?
  • Why did Brooke Shields go to TomKat's wedding? I thought Tom and Brooke were feuding over the chemical origins of Post-Partum Depression. Actually, if you click the link, it says Tom and Brooke have mended fences. I sure hope she got them more than a toaster for their wedding. Nicole Kidman got the couple a lovely crystal vase.
  • When you are rather religious (scientology) and you clearly already have a child together, a cream-colored Armani dress does seem to be the right choice. I'm not a fan of the color white anyway. In fact, most of my favorite people have had ecru, ivory, shimmery silver, grey, etc dresses for their weddings.
  • Some people say that the Nestle Tollhouse cookie recipe is the perfect chocolate chip cookie and you should not mess with it. I say, "hey, I'm the one making cookies here. If you don't like my cookies, make your own." All that is to say that I made chocolate chip cookies this morning (made dough yesterday, baked cookies today). The recipe calls for 2-1/4 cups of flour. I used 1-1/4 cups of flour plus one cup of oat flour. I took 1-1/4 cups of Quaker Oats and put them in the food processor for one minute. That made one cup of flour. I used the oat flour in the cookies. Added fiber and nutrition and there is not much of a taste difference at all. In fact, I prefer it because the cookies are both chewier and crispier. I think everyone can agree that's a good change. And if not, make your own dang cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment