Monday, November 06, 2006

Book Review: Pumpkin Patch Puppy

Freakonomics will be reviewed at a later date. I'm only 3/4 through with it, so I need to renew it at the library.

In the meantime, I will review Pumpkin Patch Puppy , a Clifford the Big Red Dog puppy days book. First, I will summarize the plot, then I will review the book.

Plot: We're going to go to the pumpkin patch and we do.

Review: This is one of the most painful and boring books to read to a child, and the way the author writes dialogue is enough for me to want to gouge my eyes out with a rubber-tipped baby spoon. Emily Elizabeth said dreamily.... And the pictures are not exactly cute with interesting background for you to find funny things. Example:
Some of the pumpkins even had funny faces carved into them. Clifford found
one that looked like a dog.

The picture does not match this sentence, at all. Sure there are jack-o-lanterns in the picture, but none of the faces are funny and none of them are dogs (not even cats, for Pete's sake). I supopse that's a problem with the illustrator and not the author. My apologies to her.

This book was a gift from Banjo, so I am not out any money and it's a good thing too.

On my highly scientific scale, where Goodnight Moon and Giggle, Giggle, Quack get ten stars and Baby's first boring book gets zero stars, I give Pumpkin Patch Puppy 2 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment