Sunday, November 19, 2006

Yay to Freedom for Women

Silicone breast implants have been re-approved by the FDA for cosmetic purposes. The science won out.
Women are now free to make their own informed choices about whether to get breast implants and if so, what kinds. I think this is great. We women are smart enough to read up about our choices, the risks of each, and make a decision. Personally, I opt for natural breasts (for myriad reasons like I don't like surgery, I like mine just the way they are, I am proud of what they did nursing my son, my husband thinks they are just fine - great even, engineers don't wear pasties to work, etc). Should I be stricken with cancer and need them removed, I will make informed decisions about whether to reconstruct them and if so, how.


In the interest of full-disclosure, it must be noted that one time a million years ago, I worked as an intern for Dow Corning, but I have no ongoing relationship with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment